26/08/2012

Uh-oh. Karma = Biatch.

After a bad night of sleep, I told my husband this morning "Thank goodness we've been healthy. Let's try to keep it that way".

I was tempting my fate, wasn't I? I simply never learn to shut the hell up.

As Karma is never on my side, when I got up from bed and nearly fainted on the spot, followed by feeling sharp pain in my right ear, I was not a happy puppy. No woof woof. No tail wagging. No nothing.

Crap.

I'm starting to think I have an ear infection. Will I have my first ever encounter with the local healthcare system we're paying oh-so-dearly for? Will our family doctor understand me well enough if I point at my ear, make a pout and say "Ow"?

Last time I had an (inner) ear infection a couple of years ago it took 5 x antibiotics to beat and not without developing an allergic reaction to penicillin in the last round of treatment which covered me with a horrible rash from head to toe. I was known as the "blotchy itchy scratchy girl" for some time.

Thought of this possible new ordeal requires some drastic measures so I will attack my Ikea wholegrain rye bread, liquorice and gingerbread cookies that remind me of Finland Sweden.

If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em. No, wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment