10/09/2012

Day Trippin'

After finishing the morning sport session, my husband and I decided to venture to Vevey. Weather was good, Vevey is near and there would be retro cars on a display for free. Hey-ho, let's go!

It's the first time I actually went to Vevey instead of only passing through. What makes my dirty confession even more shameful is the fact that my childhood idol Charlie Chaplin used to live there for decades and yet, I had never visited the place. So close, yet so far away....10 minutes by train can sometimes be a lifetime away.

It was a hot and humid day, there were many storm fronts circling us but like most of the times, we never got the actual storm/thunder/rain, just the sticky promise of it. Grrrrr....
Unlike at the Geneva Car show, this time I heard no Finnish spoken. Usually those two go together. Oh well!

My husband loves the "vrooom vrooms", like most of red blooded men (I've noticed), and he was like a little kid in a candy shop seeing cars like Morgan while there were some quirky ones for me, as well.
Morgan

BMW





















Messerschmitt KR200



















Can you tell I don't drive....? What tipped you off? Messerschmitt KR200? Are you CRAZY? Who WOULDN'T want one???















Anyways, after we got enough of the retro car display (well, after I got enough of the display) it was time to take a little walk around Vevey, eat some ice cream and enjoy the hot weather.
What a beautiful place it turned out to be! Definitely have to come back very soon.






















And there we have it. Yet another pearl discovered from our neighbourhood and another super Sunday spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment